Posts tagged system restore
If you happen to be using Windows 7 and you delete a file by mistake (or changed your mind 😉 ), there is an easy way to restore it.
- Go to the folder that has the file
- Right click in it (on the empty surface, not on an icon)
- Click Properties
- Click the tab called Previous Versions
- Locate the file that you want to restore
These files are created based on when Windows is performing System Restore points so you might want to modify those settings if you are more advanced user. They are performed on every restart by default, certain periods of the day, after installing some application etc.
The above can be performed also on a file that has been modified but it is still present:
- Right click on the file
- Select Properties
- Click the Previous Versions tab
- Select the version you want to restore
This restore procedure will work on all kind of files, database files, Word documents, text files, images etc.